Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Compassion hands

During my Soul searching and travels I came upon the word Compassion a lot…WOOF so I began to ask around and found some interesting meanings for this woof…woof powerful word!


From the dictionary compassion means to recognize the suffering of others, then take action to help.
I asked Author Fredrick Buechner, he describes the meaning of compassion in these words: "Compassion is sometimes the fatal capacity for feeling what it is like to live inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too." Ahh wow how deep is that woof… woof… my skin would be pretty itchy for most people to get into but be my guest…woof!

Then when I was in Ireland I asked U2 lead singer Bono, he explains that the meaning of compassion for people is to focus on those in need… ok I am beginning to understand this compassion thing.

The Bible defines the meaning of compassion in several ways. We are to "speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves … defend the rights of the poor and needy" (Proverbs 31:8-9, NIV). We do this by taking action instead of just talking about helping others!!!

I Love Compassion Dear friends help me woof…woof.. and let us show some compassion every day that way it can become a habit, an amazing habit that can generate so much good throughout the world…woof…I need a bone now I got so excited!

Till next time
Love_Ringo

No comments:

Post a Comment